Tuesday 5 March 2013

A secret

"This is a secret" , she mumbled. "You cannot tell this to anybody."

He gave her his typical "I know I shouldn't be friends with you" look.

"But why be so secretive? It is not national treasure."
"It is my treasure. Who knows? Maybe nations want it", she said.
"Okay so we dig this hole and then what?"
"Nothing, we wait for me to die."
"What?"
"And then you take it and bury it here."
"If I have to bury it after you die, why are we digging now?" He said as he let the shovel drop and sat down with an angry look.
"Because it is ceremonial. I should be able to dig the grave. I won't be able to do it after I die, right?"
"I swear, I will push you in. You are 12. Where do you get these stupid ideas from?"

He gave her his typical "I know I shouldn't be friends with you" look, again.

"From my head. Isn't it where everyone gets their ideas from? I just preserve them. Or try to."
"Trust me. Your ideas are not worth preserving." He laughed.
"Says the guy who doesn't know the spelling of weird?"

He gave her a mock smile and continued, "What will we do with the grave till you die? Someone may fall in."
"We'll put a sign up. 'Look where you are going, lest you go down.' Sounds nice?"
"Ya, I guess. I'll paint it."

"But why is the grave so big?" He inquired as they walked away. "Isn't it just a tiny book?"
"It is a tiny book of ideas. It will need room to breathe. Maybe, someday some kid like myself will find it. I shall be very happy then."

"You shall be dead, then." He laughed and broke into a sprint.

She was a girl but she hit like a boy, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Nice post for a start to the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog, Trupthi, is so beautiful, it's one of the most touching blogs I've ever come across :)

    ReplyDelete